Dear Friends and Family,
It’s hard to believe we are already into 2024. Time passes so quickly it seems, especially as we get older. In Psalms 90:12 we read, “So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts to wisdom.” David then says in Psalms 103:15, “as for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourishes.”
Recently a few of our friends died unexpectedly. Not unexpectedly to God, but to us. Lorrie and I were reminded that we are given today but not promised tomorrow. Today is the day we have an opportunity to flourish for Him. Today we have the joy and responsibility to encourage and train those people that God has put around us.
The school in the Philippines is going well. Lorrie and I are looking forward to seeing our friends and coworkers in February and March and spending some time teaching the students. One of the school’s main theme verses is II Timothy 2:2. Paul tells Timothy to take the things he has learned and pass them on to others who will then train others. That’s our desire, to train the next generation and have them in turn train others.
Who has God placed near you? Who needs to hear what God has done for you and through you over the years – the victories and failures that He has brought you through? Each one of us has people in our circle of influence that we can encourage.
We thank you as you join us (whether physically, in prayer, or by giving of your finances) in training the next generation in the Philippines. Because of you, lives are being changed!
Nels, Lorrie and Amy
Photos from left to right-Ministry at the hospital and ongoing construction on the wall.
Please Continue to Pray With Us!
- For the ongoing work on the perimeter fence at the school.
- For Visas for the remaining Philippine couples.#
- For the Students as they continue their studies
- For Lorrie and Nels as they travel to the Philippines this February
We are Thankful:
- For smooth multiple travel connections to and from the Philippines.
- For the unity of the TBS team.
- For many long-time friends and fellow workers in the REAP ministry.
- That we received a Visa for one couple!